How Will Supercomputer Centers Look Like in the Future? (Panel)
Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 11:30am – 1:00pm, Hall 3
- Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Michael M. Resch, Director, High Performance Computing Center Stuttgart, Germany
- Dona Crawford, LLNL, USA
- Richard Kenway, EPCC, UK
- Tommy Minyard, TACC, USA
- Kenichi Miura, NII, Japan
- Cesar Orosco, NetApp, USA
HPC centers are facing a number of challenges in the future. In an ever changing technical and political environment they have to provide best performance to their users and at the same time tackle a number of serious questions.
During the panel session the following issues are planned to be discussed
- Infrastructure / Power / Cooling
- Architectural Challenges
- Scientific Challenges of Users
- The role of HPC centers in a national and international context
These issues will be addressed in the frame of the ongoing discussion about architectural challenges, Green IT and the new concept of Cloud computing.