Call for Student Volunteers
Participating as a student volunteer is a great opportunity to learn about the most important developments in the HPC field. Undergraduate and graduate students are encouraged to apply as student volunteers to help run the conference.
Tuesday, April 1, 2014
23:59 pm, AoE
Notification of Acceptance
Friday, April 11, 2014
By becoming a student volunteer at ISC’14 you will receive the following benefits:
- Registration to the conference; including technical sessions and keynote addresses
- Access to the exhibit floor
- Meals during conference hours
- Hotel accommodations at one of the conference hotels (out-of-town volunteers only)
- Conference proceedings
- Admission to special events on Monday and Tuesday evening
- ISC’14 shirt
Requirements & Responsibilities
- Student volunteers must be enrolled in a Ph.D., masters, or full-time undergraduate program at the time of the conference.
- Student volunteers will be asked to work a minimum of around 25 hours before and during the conference (June 20–26, 2014).
- Duties during the conference (June 22–26, 2014) will include such tasks as monitoring entrance to sessions, assisting with registration, running microphones to audience members for questions, checking badges for entry to events and technical support to ISCnet network team and other similar tasks.
- Duties before the conference (June 20–22, 2014) will include such tasks as technical support to ISCnet network team, arranging the conference area and other similar tasks.
- Student volunteers are responsible for their travel expenses. In some cases, your school may be able to provide assistance.
We are accepting applications for the ISC’14 Student Volunteer Program by e-mail. Applications will be accepted until April 1, 2014 and should include the following:
- Short cover letter (why you want to be a student volunteer)
- Contact information (name, address, country, e-mail, phone)
- Date of birth
- Affiliation (school, department, status (full-time/part-time))
- Field of study, main course
- Experience (e.g. prior volunteer activities)
- Languages spoken (please include fluency: fluent/intermediate/beginner)
- Name and e-mail address of a professor who will recommend you
- Special skills
- Preferred task (e.g. registration, network team, monitoring entrance)
- Days and times available
- Accommodation needed (yes/no)
- Optional a short CV (no more than one page)
Please send your application (preferably as PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org and you also need to provide the name and e-mail address of a professor who will recommend you. We will contact your professor to send us a letter of recommendation for your participation as a student volunteer at ISC’14. Applications will be accepted through April 1, 2014, and all applicants will be notified by April 11, 2014. If you are accepted, a valid, dated student identification card or a letter from your university or school will be required when registering at the conference.